Bioinformatics and protein-protein networks by Ariel Chernomoretz and Irene Ibañez
In this field we study how to detect gene co-activation in micro-array experiments and develop models of protein-protein networks.
- DNA-Mircroarray gene expression quantification algorithms
- Transcriptional profile analysis. Clustering
- Proteomics and genomic integration
- Molecular mechanisms of information transmission in cells
- Topological characterization of biological networks
Critical Phenomena in finite systems by Claudio Dorso and Pablo Alcain
This is devoted to the study of nuclear fragmentation and its representation as an out of equilibrium critical phenomena
Topic The Pasta Phase transition in Neuron Stars. This investigation belongs to the field of dense matter properties
Eco-epidemiological systems by Hernán Solari, Claudio Dorso, Marcelo Otero and Victoria Romeo Aznar
This is a highly inter-disciplinary research. Eco-epidemiology is a view to disease that includes the environment, in our efforts to produce theoretical understanding of vector transmitted diseases we strive to include ecosystem (quite often urban) as it is shared by humans, vectors and pathogens (viruses, bacteria, …).
- Mathematical modelling of spatio-temporal dynamics of Aedes aegypti and diseases associated to this vector, such as: Dengue and Yellow Fever.
- Mathematical modeling of temporal dynamics of wild mosquitoes that grow in temporary rain pools, such as Ochlerotatus albifasciatus.
- Study of the effect of human mobility on the dynamics of a vector borne disease transmitted by Aedes aegypti, Dengue. Mosquitoes dynamic is driven by the OSS model, and humans are modeled following recent findings on human mobility patterns. Several public health measures are being applied to account for an effective method.
- Detection of community structure on directed networks. Communities on networks are loosely defined as nodes which are more densely connected between them that with the rest of the nodes. This definition while vague it applies usually to undirected networks, therefore we are currently working on a suitable definition of community in the directed case as well as a method to detect them.
Analysis of Emergent behavior in Complex Social Systems
by Claudio Dorso, Pablo Balenzuela and Sebastián Pinto
In this field we study collective emergent properties arisen from complex systems in different fields, like social and biological systems.
- Emergent Structures in Complex Social Systems
- Detection of Structures in theoretical Complex Networks
Large Scale Brain Organization by Pablo Balenzuela and Ariel Haimovici
In this field we study collective emergent properties arisen from brain dynamics as well as its organization in resting state condition and remarkable features of its dynamical regime.
- Functional Connectivity in Resting State Networks
- Emergent Structures in Large Scale Brain
- Brain dynamics as critical phenomena
- Neuronal models
Pedestrian dynamics by Claudio Dorso, Guillermo Frank, Fernando Cornes and Ignacio Sticco
The collective behaviour of pedestrians in an escape situation can be studied within the “social force model”. The actual investigation moves towards very real life situations, such as the evacuation from rooms in fire. This topic is a new step coming up after studying how obstacles affect the evacuation time of pedestrians.
Topics Study of human response whenever an obstacle blocks the exit or target point where they are willing to go.